Sunday, January 2, 2011

Plenipotentiary

I wanted to write a poem but didn't have a title or subject. So, I used dictionary.com's word of the day. It is plenipotentiary, (adj) meaning "containing or conferring full power; invested with full power; as 'plenipotentiary license; plenipotentiary ministers." Ha ha, such an easy word, right? lol. Here goes nothing. Jon Bibbs as my soundtrack...

I think I'll write my vows now,
Write them on my heart,
Invisibly tattooed on my chest
Etch-A-Sketch them oh-so carefully
but please don't shake and stir my heart
and erase these words that have been prescribed on my heart
since the beginning of God's time
Because he knew my heart
needed to have a heart for him
And even though I haven't met him
I'll pen words for him
Attach them with words like grace, favor, mercy and love,
Allow him plenipotentiary access to me
In high degree
So, I say I do to you
who's given himself plenipotentiary rule to You
His dictator.
Yes,
Sure,
Ok,
I'll be submissive me
To submissive you
And because I trust God, I trust you.
I accept fallacies, faults, imperfections
As perfect for me
Thankful that you'll allow me to be by your side
To dream, make plans, make babies
Build companies and a home
Your love language will be my native tongue,
I'll speak it fluently
To get all fluidity,
Flowing, changing readily
when outside factors try and fracture
Tatter or taint the 1 Corinthians picture
The vows I mentioned are sketched in scripture
Invisibly tattooed on my chest
Across my heart,
A meditative prescript
Written on my lips,
So it will never slip
Love never made it past the garden without God
I need all that's destined for me
So let's not bite from that apple's tree
I give God plenipotentiary license to me
In present tense
To build on my future tense
Making my past tense irrelevant and opposite,
Building life on cement,
Blocks of concrete,
To make sure I'm concrete
that no sand slips between these feet
Solid ground has met me
And I'm staring him in the face,
As beautiful as I imagined,
Met me at the altar,
Now I see an image of God's grace.



Copyright © 2011. Tiffany M. Collins.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't say it even with the help you provided... But I understand it...That's some serious deep thoughts at 3AM. Keep it flowing.

-kindred