Monday, January 17, 2011

King Me

Robe me, cloak me, king me with King's heart
So I'd be a powerful visionary,
eloquent and articulate, courage of a lion's heart
March peacefully,
Speak bodly,
Study diligently,

Pray consistently,
Drape me in King's passion,
Make it so everlasting
That my story is a classic,
So intense some can't handle it
Some want to bottle and time capsule it,
Others want to downplay and diminish it,
Others YouTube and make memories of it
Can my gift be so heaven-sent
That my scent permeates of King's lament?
So evident in all my evidence,
Like my words, actions and thoughts
My letters, speeches and quotes,
My music, lyrics and notes,
The fruit of his doing is not quieted in his death
It comes alive in my life,
Not stagnant or asleep
His life is full in my heart, a steady beat
Constant in the life of my seed
Sowing joy, kindness and peace
So the benefits of it she’ll reap
And even though she’s a Queen, she’s blessed by the blood of the King
With the tenacity of King
This piece isn't just about King
It's about the King
Who called King
To call them to change
So, please King me
Drape me, cloak me, change me,
Rearrange my thoughts to be aligned with his thoughts
Then we'll all be Kings, after the King's heart
Putting action to the dream
Don't need one day to remind me what the King did for me.
The dream isn't just for me,
It goes deep,
across generations and boundaries,
To every man and every tribe, every tongue and every nation.
This poem isn't just for me,
I'll print it, fold it, seal it and enclose it:
To Trinity.

Copyright © Tiffany Collins January 2011

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man...that's heavy, I like it. I didn't realize you really write, your work is good. Keep up your pen game!