Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Boxing

A broken connection,
Widening the space between our space
System moving at a snail's pace
Seem like it's a cat and mouse race
And I'm always giving chase
Phone calls coming way too late
and further in between
Changing my strategy in this boxing ring
Body shots starting to sting
Bruised on the inside each time that bell rings
Unlimited rounds of going round and round
That sharp, piercing dreaded sound
Who's the referee?
Is my opponent even in the match with me?
The seed is here,
But she needs food
Sun AND water,
Water AND sun,
Can I subsitute sun with His only begotten son?
Because this is no fun
And this fight's not won
When no one has won
And I'm guilty of throwing cheap shots
So my words can be known as 'forget-me-nots'
Could this fight be declared a draw?
My eyesight is impaired and I can't see clearly
My arms have grown weary
Cramp in my hamstring
Ready for the fat lady to sing
My fluid maneuverability has gotten the best of me
Bobbing and weaving trying to get the best shot...
It doesn't become me
Take the gloves off
My wingspan isn't far-reaching enough
To reach you,
And not bruise her.
So,
Today I'll stop fighting,
No more boxing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How beautifull.....and so true.

Anonymous said...

Everything you write means something to me in a way that matches no one else....

-Kindred