Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Esoteric

I think of my sister sometimes,
When my mother mentions her name,
during birthdays or holidays,
When i see sisters
Doing sister-like things
Like young sisters dressing alike
Or older sisters debating who's wrong or right
I wonder what my sister would look like
Me, I suppose
I guess,
She'd be my opposite,
My contradiction to the ninth degree
Brown-skinned, a rebel, loves math,
So far from the me I see
She'd be my balancing act
Keep me sane when I'm insane
Give me sound advice
When my mind's gone awry
Yeah, she'd be younger than me
but so much older than me.
Get married first,
she'd always be right.
She'd be my
Ride-Or-Die 2Pacalypse chick,
Tell him (or me) off real quick
She'd be my I-know-so-much-about-this-topic
overly smart sister
Live in three states, two continents in two years
"cause I don't have anything else to do" type of girl
But she'd still write
Because she's my right-
hand, man.
She'd analyze my words
Even those I don't say
Psychoanalysis for free
See things in me I can't see
Tell me to shake it off
When I feel I can't get free...
Hang up the phone and feel like Queen Nefertitti
A queen, she'd be.
My sister is with me
Everyday I'm reminded of her,
She's a constant memory.

No comments: